Welcome to GIBBIN HOUSE!




When I first started this blog about the misadventures of a nascent author, I had only a small novel under my belt, titled Gibbin House. The building that bears the name is a fictitious postwar era safe-house, as many might have existed, and the London home of my motley crew of exiles. I could not anticipate then the degree to which I would join its ranks of writers and artists, but since publishing my book in 2011, I have had the greatest privilege of opening my own art gallery and of exploring my love of the written word through visual poetry and paper sculptures. Yet much like the girl who first started blogging two years ago, I suspect I don't know what I'm doing half the time. As such, Gibbin House remains a refuge for ramblings...and on occasion a haven for little triumphs.



Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gibbin House - CTC Virtual Book Tour - February 8 -15, 2014

 
 
Just recently I ran a Google search for "Gibbin House" and stumbled upon the most remarkable thing - the last line of my novel being quoted as a keynote at a National Youth Assembly for the United Reformed Church in the UK (the theme was Lost and Found: People in Exile)...

 
I assume the speaker probably Googled the line (in much the same indiscriminate manner as I had my name), being in search of a quote about exile, and stumbled on it on Goodreads (I assume this because my circle of readers remains, for a lack of a better word, concise).  The path, however, is really quite irrelevant, as what matters is what it signifies - that even in relative obscurity, in this day and age, a self-published work has a life, a resonance of its own in the ether...the Internet is a wonder...



That said, I happily and most enthusiastically announce the upcoming Virtual Tour of "Gibbin House", conducted by Closed The Cover, February 8 -15, 2014.  Below is the schedule, which includes an assortment of book reviews, excerpts, Q & A, guest posts, and fantastic giveaway!  Stay tuned!

Tour Schedule

February 8, 2014
Closed the Cover - Kick-Off Post and Giveaway
Library Educated - Book Review

February 9, 2014
Life of a Female Bibliophile - Book Review

February 10, 2014
Hobby Lady - Book Excerpt

February 11, 2014
All R Media - Book Review

February 12, 2014
A Book Geek - Book Excerpt

February 13, 2014
Not Drinking Coffee - Book Excerpt

February 14, 2014
Book Hostage - Author Q&A

February 15, 2014
Traveling with T - Book Review and Guest Post

 

No comments: