Welcome to GIBBIN HOUSE!




When I first started this blog about the misadventures of a nascent author, I had only a small novel under my belt, titled Gibbin House. The building that bears the name is a fictitious postwar era safe-house, as many might have existed, and the London home of my motley crew of exiles. I could not anticipate then the degree to which I would join its ranks of writers and artists, but since publishing my book in 2011, I have had the greatest privilege of opening my own art gallery and of exploring my love of the written word through visual poetry and paper sculptures. Yet much like the girl who first started blogging two years ago, I suspect I don't know what I'm doing half the time. As such, Gibbin House remains a refuge for ramblings...and on occasion a haven for little triumphs.



Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gibbin House is a Book Club Pick!

This past November, 'Gibbin House' hit a milestone with its first 'Book Club' reading!  The Miami-based event was held at ATELIER 1022 Gallery and turned out to be just the sort of spirited bohemian evening our protagonist Anka would loved to have been a part of, with elegant intelligent women on velvet pillows sharing profound thoughts and their love of literature over heapings of cucumber salad, dark bread, smoked meats and a seemingly endless pouring of wine...

Now, despite the thrilling occasion, this lazy author managed to drag her feet about posting the photos!  For shame.  So here is a sampling - the rest can be found on my facebook page: facebook.com/carolaperla  If you have any questions or would like to feature Gibbin House as part of your next book club, please contact me here or on facebook...I look forward to the next one!!
 
 

No comments: